WAIT LIST UPDATE (as of 2/10/23)
1) Those with Medical Assistance (which we can accept if you live in Allegheny County): We are still keeping our wait list open, but the wait is currently 9-12 months at a minimum.
2) Those with commercial Aetna, UPMC, or Highmark plans: Our waitlist remains open to clients with these plans, but there is currently about a 3-6 month wait.
3) If you are open to paying out of pocket for therapy services, our Associate Therapists (clinicians who have completed their Master’s Degree but who must still complete supervised, post-graduate training before they attain licensure and can bill insurance) have immediate availability for the low cost of $80/session. This is an excellent option if you are unable to wait for months to start therapy.
We accept Highmark, Aetna and UPMC commercial insurance plans.
If you plan on using insurance, it is important that you determine your insurance plan and benefits and communicate accurate information to us. If your claims are rejected because we are not in-network, or because your benefits do not cover our services, please be aware that you will be responsible for paying our out-of-pocket rate ($140 per 60 minutes). To ensure smooth billing for our services, please take the following steps.
- Contact your insurance company and determine your mental health benefits, and that our providers are in-network.
- Make sure that your mental health benefits are not “carved out” to another insurance company. This is when an entirely different insurance company handles your mental health coverage. If you have a “carve out” and we are not in-network with the contracted insurer, you will not be able to use your insurance with us. Be sure to rule this out with your insurance company when you call. This information is also sometimes written on the back of your insurance card.
If you have an insurer other than those listed above, you can contact your insurance company and ask if they will reimburse you for an out-of-network provider. If so, we can provide you with detailed receipts to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
If you contact your out-of-network insurance company, they may suggest a single case agreement. Please be aware that we do not participate in these agreements.
When you have a Medical Assistance (MA) Plan like UPMC for You, the ‘mental health’ portion of your insurance changes depending on your county. We accept the MA mental health insurance that is provided in Allegheny County, which is called Community Care. Unfortunately, if you have MA and live in another county, we are unable to serve you as a patient since we can’t accept MA mental health insurance from other counties (which is called Beacon) and we are unable to accept any out of pocket payments from clients with MA.
Also, if you have MA in Allegheny County as your secondary, and have a primary insurance we don’t accept (Cigna or United, for example), please be aware that Medical Assistance requires you to see a provider that accepts your primary insurance, so we will not be able to provide you with services.
We offer the following out-of-pocket rates for those who don’t wish to use insurance.
- Initial 10-minute phone consultation: Free of charge
- 55-minute session: $140
- 85-minute session (helpful for couples and family sessions): $210
Reduced Rate with our Associate Therapists
We also have Associate Therapists on staff. They are clinicians who have completed their Master’s Degree but who must still complete supervised, post-graduate training before they attain licensure and can bill insurance. Our Associate Therapists are all experienced and skilled with OCD and anxiety treatment. We offer therapy with an Associate Therapist at a reduced out-of-pocket rate of $80 per 55-minute session, and they have immediate availability. You can express your openness to working with our Associate Therapist when you complete our Request for Services.
If you cancel without providing at least 24 hours notice, we charge a half session fee ($70). This is due to our inability to fill cancelled sessions without this advanced notice.