WAIT LIST UPDATE (as of 9/29/20)
Please be aware that the wait list is exceedingly long for the following insurance plans that we accept:
1) Those with Medical Assistance (which we can accept if you live in Allegheny County): We are still keeping our wait list open to clients with these plans, but please be aware that the wait is currently 9-12 months at a minimum.
2) Those with commercial Aetna, UPMC, or Highmark plans: Our waitlist remains open to clients with these plans, but there is currently about a 3-6 month wait.
3) If you are interested in paying out of pocket for therapy services, our experienced Associate Therapists have Immediate Openings for the low cost of $80/session. This is an excellent option if you are unable to wait for months to start therapy; by checking this box in the form below you are indicating a willingness to waive insurance coverage in order to begin treatment immediately.
We accept Highmark, Aetna and UPMC commercial insurance plans. If you have a different insurer, you can contact your insurance company and ask if they will reimburse you for an out-of-network provider. If so, we can provide you with detailed receipts to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Please be aware that we do not participate in ‘single case agreements’ with out-of-network insurers, if they suggest this to you.
When you have a Medical Assistance (MA) Plan like UPMC for You, the ‘mental health’ portion of your insurance changes depending on your county. We accept the MA mental health insurance that is provided in Allegheny County, which is called Community Care. Unfortunately, if you have MA and live in another county, we are most likely unable to serve you since we can’t accept MA mental health insurance from other counties (which is called Value) and we are unable to accept any out of pocket payments from clients with MA.
Also, if you have MA in Allegheny County as your secondary, and have a primary insurance we don’t accept (Cigna or United, for example), you can call your MA provider and ask if they will pay for our services as the primary insurer.
We offer the following out-of-pocket rates for those who don’t wish to use insurance.
- Initial 10-minute phone consultation: Free of charge
- 55-minute session: $140
- 85-minute session (helpful for couples and family sessions): $210
Reduced Rate with our Associate Therapists
We also have on staff Associate Therapists. They are highly experienced and skilled with OCD and Anxiety treatment, but does not yet have the license required to bill insurance. We offer therapy with our Associate Therapist at a reduced rate of $80 per 55-minute session and the wait is often significantly shorter than waiting for our Senior Therapists. You can learn more about our Associate Therapists here. And you can express your openness to working with our Associate Therapist when you complete our Request for Services.
If you cancel without providing at least 24 hours notice, we charge a half session fee ($70). This is due to our inability to fill cancelled sessions without this advanced notice.